Cystic acne is a stern kind of acne in which the skin pores become blocked. This blockage leads to inflammation and infection. Cystic acne is relatively rare than acne. However, if you are suffering from cystic acne, this article is right for you.
Here, you will know about what actually causes cystic acne. Usually, the skin pores secrete sebum through sebaceous glands. The sebum helps to protect the skin and hair follicles. However, overproduction of this sebum clogs the skin pores. It creates the perfect settings for the growth of acne.
Out of all, cysts are the most ruptured and inflamed kind of acne. The major factor that causes acne in adolescents is hormonal changes. During teenage years, the circulating levels of androgen hormones raise drastically. This makes the skin cells to grow quicker or even increases the production of sebum. To keep things in check, you need to know what causes acne!
Causes of Cystic Acne
Acne is not just confined to adolescents. So, let’s know about the possible causes of acne including cystic acne without further ado!
- Hormonal changes resulting from stress, hormone therapy use, birth control, pregnancy, and the menstrual cycle.
- Genetics, where people are more susceptible naturally.
- Elevated levels of sweating and humidity.
- Greasy cleansers, cosmetics, clothing, and lotions.
- Specific chemicals and drugs like lithium, isoniazid, phenytoin, corticosteroids, etc.
These are the most potential causes of acne. In case of cystic acne or acne scar removal, you need to go to a dermatologist in Singapore.